Here's my scheme this year:
- The standards are more grainy (see the list here), compared to honors physics (here)
- There are (generally) two assessments per unit in class
- There's one reassessment available per unit, covering the whole unit
- I made a chart showing the acceptable evidence for each standard. Typically, it'll be two strong showings in assessments/reassessments for that standard or one strong showing and several out-of-class successes (problems) or a capstone or several out-of-class successes and a capstone
- Everyone's required to do at least one capstone per term, even if you rocked all of your assessments
- Students submit this slip when they have some evidence to show for a standard. There may be some revision needed before it's accepted.
Today's a big day, because the first student went from yellow (NY: "not yet") to green (P: "Proficient"). Many more to come of those, as well.