Saturday, February 4, 2012

California ho!

So... anyone going to the AAPT Winter Meeting?  I'm leaving early in the morning tomorrow, and I'll be able to catch some of Sunday, all of Monday, and most of Tuesday.  I'm looking forward to a bunch of new ideas and sharing with other physics teachers.

If you're there and you're looking for something to do, why not drop by EH01 at 1:15 on Tuesday to see my "Physics of Osmos" talk?  I'll look at how the video game can be used to supplement or replace some traditional demonstrations, can help build intuition about orbital mechanics, and can be the springboard for sooooo many independent modeling projects!

Here's to a smooth travel week, and to Wednesday, when I'll be getting into Philly at 6 am and going straight to school to teach (fun!).

See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment